We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bright Hostels Macchu Picchu

Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bright Hostels Macchu Picchu

Is anyone familiar with the Bright Hostel in Aguas Calientes? Its cheap and looks really nice in the pictures, but there is not one review of this hostel anywhere online. Has anyone stayed here or seen it? Could this be a brand spanking new hostel that just opened?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bright Hostels Macchu Picchu

Could be but would not risk it El Santuario my fav

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g304036-d601801…

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bright Hostels Macchu Picchu

www.asiarooms.com cheap rates Presidente also nice

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bright Hostels Macchu Picchu

For cheap dorms go with Gringo Bills

Taiwan
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bright Hostels Macchu Picchu

I'm also looking for the review of this hostel, but non so far...

Share it with us if you get one.

SC
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bright Hostels Macchu Picchu

BEWARE! I booked this hotel on 9/22. We got an email from them the next day reminding us to email our arrival information so they could pick us up at the train station. We arrived in Aguas Caliente on 10/24. No one was there to pick us up, so slightly annoyed we set out to find the place. We walked up and down the street it is supposed to be on and couldn't find it. Then we started asking everyone we saw. No one had ever heard of it. Finally someone told us there is one in Cusco but that it did not exist in this town. After we booked into another place we went to ask at the tourist information office who also said it did not exist in this town. As a side note, the hotel we booked into the "Nusta Wasi" had bedbugs. On the positive side Machu Picchu is incredible.

Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bright Hostels Macchu Picchu

It looks like this hostel also goes by another name - Muyurina Hostel. I walked by this hostel and it looks like the same one. If you look at pictures of Bright Hostels and Muyurina online, they are identical.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
87 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bright Hostels Macchu Picchu

I'm booked with them for 5-7 April. Being an optimist I'm presuming they will still be there and that I will find a way to get there. And that the ruins will be open.

Can anyone advise whether they are Bright Hostel or Muyurina or going by some other name? And also whether or not they were damaged in the flood?

I feel that emails, if they get through, would be not appreciated right now. I'll try to contact them in a week or so, but any info would be appreciated.

Cheers, Alan

Edited: 02 February 2010, 05:56
8. Re: Bright Hostels Macchu Picchu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 08:17