We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

I have read quite a bit on the forum and hotel page but still can't decide where to stay for our night at Aguas Calientes = We usually stay 4 star but some of the hotels in AG are 400-600 US$ pnight. which is a bit expensive. Has anyone stayed in a good 4 star in AG that is more around the price range or 250-300 range??

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
996 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

We stayed at Hatchay Tower. It was nice and breakfast and dinner were included with the price when we were there last November. We wanted a more "upscale" hotel since we were coming off the trek and wanted to sleep in a nice and comfy hotel.

Here is a link to the reviews

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294318-d114861…

lj0
Washington DC
Level Contributor
111 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

We have stayed at Machu Picchu Inn a couple of times. I stayed at Machu Picchu Pueblo last in 2001 when it cost about 1/2 as now. It is very nice but no longer in my price range.

Have a nice trip.

Canadian Gulf...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

My wife and I have visited often to Aguas Calientes and after staying in other hotels stay at La Cabana whenever we come. We have always enjoyed the staff as well the accommodations. If possible stay at the front of the hotel and at the top in the back. The showers are very good. The morning buffet is pretty generous, and the staff is always willing to help you to and from the train and attend to other needs you may have. There is a lot of heart in the hotel.

There are crazy concrete block structures being built all over the town and most of the hotels are basic. La Cabana is one of the better 3 star hotels.

4 star hotels are going to cost you! I don't think they offer much more than the three star though for accommodations. The El pueblo (5 star) is like another world and beautiful! (But you pay for it!)

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

www.pmexplorers.com

usually can book 4 stars

at good local rates through them

like Hatun Inti

Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

Thankyou Qwovadis,

This site was great and I have contacted them re hotel and Sacred valley tour.

They actually had three hotels that I had not seen before on other sites.

6. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 04:17