We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu tickets? Buy in Cusco or AC?

Haverford...
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Machu Picchu tickets? Buy in Cusco or AC?

Hi all,

Next month, we will arrive by train in Aguas Calientes at 8:43PM and plan to get up early the next morning to visit Machu Picchu. Ideally, early enough to get a ticket for Huayna Picchu.

We'll have spent the previous day in Cusco.

Since we wish to leave so early in the morning, is our only option to purchase entrance tickets for MP in Cusco? Is it also necessary to purchase the bus tickets in advance, or can we pick them up in the morning?

Finally, how early is it suggested to get in line to ensure one of the 400 spots? 4AM? 4:30AM?

Thanks!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Machu Picchu tickets? Buy in Cusco or AC?

Buy your tickets in Cusco if you want to go early in the morning.

You should also buy your bus tickets quite early in the morning as you will be arriving during the high season and people start queuing at around 4 am

Haverford...
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Machu Picchu tickets? Buy in Cusco or AC?

Thanks very much.

Do I purchase the bus tickets on the bus, or is there another place in Aguas Calientes I must get them? Is it possible to purchase these in advance?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Machu Picchu tickets? Buy in Cusco or AC?

You buy them at the same bus "station"

The buses leave as they get filled up

I do not think they wll be open at the time you arrive to AC

Haverford...
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Machu Picchu tickets? Buy in Cusco or AC?

OK, great. So I can just purchase them when I arrive at the station at 4:30 in the morning?

5. Re: Machu Picchu tickets? Buy in Cusco or AC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Aguas Calientes