We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice for Cusco, Machu pIcchu, sacred valley

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice for Cusco, Machu pIcchu, sacred valley

We will have 4 days in Cusco/Machu Picchu and I'm trying to figure out the best itinerary . . . I am traveling with my husband and our 4 children (ages 14, 12, 8 & 5). If anyone can provide me with a sample itinerary of what you would do or have done, that would be great! I'd love to camp on the Inka trail one night, but we are limited with how much we can hike with my 5 year old. Any advice?

Sacred Valley? More economical than Cusco? Hotel recommendations in the sacred Valley and Cusco? And, can we get to Aguas Calientes by bus or taxi or only by train? Do we need to buy the train tickets and entrance tickets to Machu Picchu beforehand or can we just buy them there? Thank you!!!!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,685 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice for Cusco, Machu pIcchu, sacred valley

Sacred Valley? More economical than Cusco? DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU DO. Hotel recommendations in the sacred Valley and Cusco? SEE HOTEL REVIEWS. SAY WHAT YOUR BUDGET IS. And, can we get to Aguas Calientes by bus or taxi or only by train? TRAIN. Do we need to buy the train tickets and entrance tickets to Machu Picchu beforehand or can we just buy them there? IN ADVANCE.

Try browsing similar posts on here to get some more answers.....

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,253 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice for Cusco, Machu pIcchu, sacred valley

Its better to start at the Sacred Valley for easier altitude acclimatization process.

The Inca trail hike has to be booked way in advance. Doing it with 4 children is not only quite expensive, but very difficult

3. Re: Itinerary advice for Cusco, Machu pIcchu, sacred valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:19