We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arequipa to Ica/Nazca

USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Arequipa to Ica/Nazca

Hi,

We will be taking an overnight bus from arequipa and could arrive in nazca or ica early morning, but we need to be in Lima either that night or early the next day (in time to make a 2:30 flight) Would it be possible to do an early flight over the nazca line and then go to Ica for sandboarding?

Or is even the best use of our time? Would it be better to the the Isla Ballistas or to spend time looking at wineries? Would their be an inexpensive way to do all of this and return to Lima with a private car?

I appreciate any thoughts.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arequipa to Ica/Nazca

Taxi to the airport fly the lines then bus to

Lima/Miraflores you really do not have time

to do much else...Ica-Lima 5 hour bus ride

Could also hire a taxi $100 or so for the day

stop along the way end up in Miraflores

London
Level Contributor
108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arequipa to Ica/Nazca

Also be warned if there is coastal fog your flight may well be delayed till midday...

Lima PE
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Arequipa to Ica/Nazca

The bus arrive to Nasca around 05.30 a.m. from Arequipa enough time to make the Overflight to The nasca Lineas it's take 30' after that can take a colective to Ica 2 hrs ride stay in Ica couple hrs the bus Peru Bus leave everey 10' to Lima 4 hrs ride silbellana@yahoo.com

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arequipa to Ica/Nazca

I believe the Nazca flights start at around 9pm, so your gonna struggle to make the lines and you flight in Lima.

Please correct me if I am wrong................

5. Re: Arequipa to Ica/Nazca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 05:18