We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ica - Nazca Itinerary

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Ica - Nazca Itinerary

A group of 2-3 friends will be in Peru this July. We will be going from Arequipa to Lima and want to potentially see the following:

- Nazca Lines / Cahuachi Cemetary

- Huacachina / Sand Dunes

- Pisco Sour Winery

- Islas Ballestas / Paracas Reserve

What are the must-sees/suggestions? What would be an itinerary that minimizes travel time? It seems like there are tours for all these sights out of Nazca, Ica, and Lima. We are 22-24, so budget options would be great, though we are willing to splurge a little.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ica - Nazca Itinerary

I think you've pretty much got it covered as far as itinerary. I didn't bother with the Pisco tours, but then I have done enough winery/bodega tours in my lifetime. I did this fairly recently and booked everything on my own with the help of a few hotels for arranging tours, but I went off season.

You can save a bit of cash by booking with local tour operators. In July it can be foggy along the coast so not sure if it is advisable to book the Nazca flights ahead or not. For the cemetery tour you can just walk along the main drag in Nazca and shop by price.

Probably PeruIsCool will be along in a minute.

Hotel Villa Jazmin in Ica http://villajazmin.net/index.php/en/ was one of my favorites, but it is not in Huacachina which is the party town.

In Paracas/Ballestas I went with Zarcillo for the tours, they might charge a bit more than others but I thought their guides were very good.

Edited: 26 March 2014, 20:09
2. Re: Ica - Nazca Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2015, 02:15