We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

Brea, California
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

I will be traveling in Peru at the end of Nov. I will be taking a trip to see Nazca lines by myself (wish me luck!!) After doing some research here is what I am thinking. I will take an early flight via LC Peru from Lima to Pisco Sunday Nov 24 early morning ( Leaving Lima 7 am and get to Pisco at 8:15 am). Then I will do the flight over Nazca lines then I will catch an over night bus from Nazca to Cusco.

My question is:

1. Any company to recommend for taking me from Pisco airport and get on the flight over Nazca lines? Looks like there are some distance from Pisco to Nazca and I am not sure whats the best way to get to Nazca. Also which company to choose for the flight over lines

2. How long does it take for the entire flight over lines process? Understand the actual flight over lines is around 30-40 minutes

3. After seeing the lines I assume I will have a few hours to kill before I take the bus to Cusco. Anything interesting around Nazca I should check out?

4. For the overnight bus from Nazca to Cusco I only know CRUZ DEL SUR is an option. Any other bus company I should consider? Also is it safe for a women traveling alone to take the overnight bus?

I am excited about the trip yet a little bit nervous :)

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
922 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

I would just take a taxi from Pisco airport to the Cruz del Sur bus station in Paracas. They have a bus from Paracas to Nazca. Why hire a tour agency just to provide a 10 minute trip to Paracas?

There are several good airlines in Nazca, including AeroParacas, Alas Peruanas, and Air Majoro.

The entire process usually takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes, but can take longer if there are weather-related delays.

Other sites in Nazca to check out include the Chauchilla Pre-incan cemetery and the Cantalloc aqueducts.

Cruz del Sur is a good bus company to take from Nazca to Cuzco, although they are overpriced. Less expensive but with equally good service is Oltursa. And cheaper companies include Cial, Flores, etc. Expect a nice long 15 hour journey over winding mountain roads.

There is no need to be nervous, you are on the Gringo Trail. This is a very popular tourist route with good infrastructure and plenty of people who speak english. It will still be an adventure though, so have fun :)

Brea, California
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

Thanks so much PeruIsCool for the info! Not only you answered my questions but also you made me feel more comfortable about taking this trip alone :)

Many Thanks!

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

Hey,

Are you stuck for time? Paracas and Huacachina are worth seeing for sure and are so close to Nazca.

Also I am not sure how often the Cruz Del Sur route is operates between Paracas and Nazca to be honest so you definitely need to look into that

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
922 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

Cactus, I agree with Paul J. You may wish to research Huacachina and the Ballestas Islands tour in Paracas to see if these activities interest you.

If you decide you want to do Ballestas, you could take a 3:45 AM bus from Lima to Paracas instead of flying to Pisco. That bus arrives in Paracas in time for the ballestas.

Brea, California
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

Thanks Paul and PeruIsCool for the info! I will look into it!

It is my first time posting a question here and you guys are just awesome!!!

Freetown, Sierra...
Level Contributor
57 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

Why not consider taking bus instead of flying? Pisco is just not that far away.

As to things to do in Nazca - there is Cauchilla cemetery with lots of mummies, and then there is museum with some interesting ceramics (Nazca ceramics in my opini0n are among the most beautiful), and then there are ceramic workshops where you can see how they are made and buy some (you will not get as good a deal on those elsewhere in Peru). I did all these things and had a great time in Nazca. Also, in the evening you might like to check out the streets, all kinds of commerce begin, the place becomes much more lively than during the day.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

I would take the money you are spending to fly from Lima to Pisco, and spend it on a round trip plane ticket from Lima to Cusco. You can take the bus to Ica, see Huacachina, and then another bus to Nazca. There are lots of agencies that will book you round trip packages from Lima to Ica to Nazca if you are worried about logistics.

How much overall time do you have?

Brea, California
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

Thanks for everyone's input! My trip is approaching fast and I still haven't finalized this part of my trip yet.

Overall I am staying in Peru for 9 days including travel days.But only plan to spend one day in Nazca.

Now my question is should I just take the flight over Nazca from Pisco airport ( to save myself some work to get to Nazca from Pisco) or should I somehow find my way to Nazca from Pisco and take a flight over in Nazca?

I looked at the Cruz Del Sur bus schedule from Paracas to Nazca and found out the earliest one matching my schedule will be at 10:30 am ( I arrive in Pisco at 8 ish,so that will be too much waiting time for me).

My options are:

1. Get a taxi to take me from pisco to nazca . Any idea how much will that be?

2. Take the Nazca flight over from Pisco indirectly

Need your input!! I am getting a little bit stressed out while planning this trip...

9. Re: Help~ Lima -> Nazca Lines-> Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Nazca
Recent Conversations