We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time from Olongapo to Sagada

Fort Lauderdale...
7 posts
Save Topic
Travel time from Olongapo to Sagada

In March 2014 a group of us (10 people) are driving to Sagada. First, how long will it take? We plan on visiting Samaguing Cave and Bomod-Ok Falls. Are there rooms to accommodate 10 people? If so, where and how much. We are on a budget. We only plan on spending one night in Sagada. Next, is it better to go to Banaue first, then Batad? How long will it take to go to each one? Next, will a private van be able to take us to Tapiyah Falls. We want to spend two more nights over there before we go back to Olongapo. Since we have a private van, do we need a guide? Is it best to stay two nights in Banaue or split it up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel time from Olongapo to Sagada

I would advice you to hire a guide for the entire trip.

There are recent NPA activities in Sagada. So do yourself a favour by getting a guide who know the place well.

From Sagada, you will need to pass by Banaue then you will reach Batad. You van will not make it to the Batad Saddle Point. You will need to get a jeep to bring you there.

From Batad, you trek down to the village. You can't drive to Tapiyah Falls! You have to trek there and I was told that the trek is not too easy.

I would recommend you to stay in Batad. It is not as noisy as Banaue.

Manila
Level Contributor
649 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel time from Olongapo to Sagada

You need to break the journey.

Olongapo to Baguio 5.5hrs drive. Spend the night. Try Teacher's camp or Bed & bath dorm... 300 per person.

Baguio to Sagada, 7hrs drive... almost a 100% winding road.

Recent NPA activities happens outskirt of Sagada. Rebels doesn't bother locas especially tourist.

Once, a rebel kid pasby me with his rifle and look at me with a BIG smile! The other one with a sack of weeds and has a grin on his face.

Lot's of lodging in Sagada today that offer 250Php per head for a large group.

You definitely need a guide for cave spelunking and Bomod-ok falls... they provide the miner's lamp.

3. Re: Travel time from Olongapo to Sagada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Sagada