We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bookings

Which Saint-Louis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NAIROBI, KENYA
1 post
Save Topic
bookings

Hello sir,

There is a conference in senegal dakar, that i am supposed to attend. So, i was notified to book in flamboyant hotel, but to my surprise after contacting the said hotel, i was instructed to send money for my bookings through western union money transfer to somebody whom they say is their accountant.

now my question is, why should i sent money to flamboyant hotel using somebody's name not the name of the hotel ?

does this hotel (flamboyant hotel) operate in senegal dakar ? if so, can i please get the genuine contacts of this hotel in senegal ?

please help.

ephraim

Dakar, Senegal
Level Contributor
344 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bookings

Please be VERY careful, NEVER send deposits to any hotels via Western Union, once that money has been sent...you can kiss it goodbye......(well in West Africa anyway!)

This applies to any Hotel, I travel frequently and never have I been asked to send money to an individual, via Western Union.

I personally have never heard of this hotel, and I live in Dakar, but then it may exist, ask them for their website details, and where they are located, we can then check it out for you....what kind of conference puts you in a hotel that no one knows??? And who is organising this conference that you MUST attend..all sounds fishy to me....Poly Sana, could be they are a bunch of mwezi's!!!

Karibu Sana

2. Re: bookings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Louis
More Saint-Louis Topics