We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Subotica from Szeged via public transportation

Szeged, Hungary
2 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Subotica from Szeged via public transportation

Hi All,

I plan to visit Subotica, Novi Sad and Belgrade from Szeged using public transportation.

I would like to ask for your help to get information about the most efficient way to get From Szeged to Subotica.

I don't like to catch a direct bus between Szeged and Subotica, because the queue at the border could be very big. I don't want to wait for hours to crossing the border.

There is a train from Röszke to Subotica. The distance is about 40 km, this trip tooks one and a half hour.

There are bus lines between the border station and Szeged, so I can travel to the border by bus very easy.

I would like to ask, Is there any bus line at the serbian side from the border to Subotica?

It would be great if I can walking through the border and catch a bus to Subotica on the Serbian side.

Thanks for your help, in case you have any idea about how should I travel to Subotica from Szeged, please let me know about it.

6 replies to this topic
Szeged, Hungary
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Subotica from Szeged via public transportation

Hi All,

I traveled via train. It would be faster if I ride my bicycle. Please don't chose train from Szeged to Subotica.

I traveled back via bus. It was OK.

2. Re: How to get to Subotica from Szeged via public transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 13:35

Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Subotica from Szeged via public transportation

HI! i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

I have to go to Szeged in January. I will take the train from Podgorica to Belgrade and than a was thinking to go by train from Subotica to Szeged....

Can you informed me more about it?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Subotica from Szeged via public transportation

Travelled this route in Aug 2015 so I thought I should share my experience.

There seems to be 4 daily buses from Szegad to Subotica (one of which has the ultimate destination being marked as Novi Sad, by the way), at 10.10, 12.30, 15.40 and 16.30. You pay the bus driver directly so there's no way you can buy tickets in advance. There are lockers at Szegad bus station (100 forints for 3 hours) which is quite near the city centre, so for those looking to get to Serbia from Hungary it wasn't a pain to do a transfer at Szegad at all :)

Subotica, Serbia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Subotica from Szeged via public transportation

Hi

polazak.com/sr/…3A00

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Subotica from Szeged via public transportation

Can you help me cross the border

Reply to: How to get to Subotica from Szeged via public transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted