We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

F1 GP in South Korea (Oct 2010)

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
F1 GP in South Korea (Oct 2010)

The nearest main city/place to the South Korea Formula 1 circuit seems to be Gwangju. Does anyone know anything about this area - good places to stay, places to avoid etc, how to get around easily and cheaply? If there's good but reasonably-priced accommodation anywhere closer to the track, that would be good to know too.

Thanks.

A Jessop, UK

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: F1 GP in South Korea (Oct 2010)

Although it does not precisely address your questions regarding Gwangju, please have a look at one of the previous threads here first:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294197-i8161-k326…

(Reply no. 9 and below fall into the same category of enquiries as yours, I believe)

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: F1 GP in South Korea (Oct 2010)

I looked up the F! Grandprix site (http://www.f1korea.go.kr/01kr/index.html Korean only for now but I am sure they will build the English one soon) It looks like Mokpo-si (city) is nearer than Gwangju from the map. (f1lod.f1korea.go.kr/01lodge/?nkind=nkind1)

Here is some basic information about Mokpo, …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_4_10_9.jsp

Also I looked up the hotel/lodging near FI site and here are some hotels I found that have English site ,

Shangria Hotel: http://www.shangriahotel.co.kr/eng/

Hyundai Hotel: www.hyundaihotel.com/mokpo/default.html

Shinan Beach Hotel: http://www.shinanbeachhotel.com/

You can also check out F1 GP info from visitkorea site; …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_2_1.jsp…

Good luck.

Daegu, South Korea
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: F1 GP in South Korea (Oct 2010)

It is such a beautiful area. You will love it. …jeonnam.go.kr/home/…page.wscms

Just copy and paste this link above and the tourist site will hook you up. When you are here. If you need anything just remember 1330. This phone number is for tourist help in English. Good luck and what ever you might hear or read, "Motels" are considered "sex" hotels for young couples or one night stands. This is just because people live at home with families until marriage, typically here in Korea. Imagine a young couple in love with no place to be alone. Hence...motels. Believe me when I tell you this...they are some of the most posh, ammentities filled rooms, at unreal costs, that I have ever seen. Usually when I travel in Korea, this are where I prefer over the big hotels, the "brand name" hotels. Not all are great, but all I have been in for the last six years in Korea, traveling around, have been clean, safe and affordable, not to mention comfortable. There are also MIN BOCK's, which are basically empty rooms with blankets, fun for groups going to the beach because they are usually in the most amazing locations, but simple in offerings. They are comfortable however and as home town loving as anything else in the US I have ever been to. If you need help just email me...beschwar@gmail.com. Like I said I have been here living and working for over 6 years now and I love it. I am originally from the US. I hope this is helpful. Oh..KTX is our highspeed train, and it kicks butt. Use a big airport like Incheon Airport...then bus it to racing area. But dont be fearful of going to Daegu International or Busan because KTX will get you close enough to the area in only two hours any way.

Fly in...Bus to Gwangju...Taxi to a "Motel"...where? Hard to say but just look at a local area map and try to decide that way. If I can be of any more help I will try my best...Ben

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: F1 GP in South Korea (Oct 2010)

I was given the following link which if you look carefully has an accommadation tab :

www.koreangp.kr/KAVO_ENG/Circuit/aboutKIC.asp

In the end I gave up on the idea of going to the 2010 race. Though I'm confident that the race will happen, I don't think that the amenities at the circuit will be completely finished. Next year there is only a week between the Japanese and Korean F1 so I'm planning properly to go to these 2 events.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: F1 GP in South Korea (Oct 2010)

I am looking for Restaurant Recommendations for the race. What is near and around the track area as well as close by? What about night life for Saturday night after Quali, something safe, quiet and easy access to people who are coming and going at the track itself?

6. Re: F1 GP in South Korea (Oct 2010)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Gwangju