We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Gwangju to Busan

Which Gwangju hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Train from Gwangju to Busan

Hi, anyone knows if there is a train from Gwangju to Busan? I do not mind taking mugunghwa train and would like to know the cost. Could not find any info online. Pls help. Thanks

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Gwangju to Busan

You can take the Mugunghwa train from Gwangju Songjeong Station to various stations in Busan (Bujeon/Gupo/Sasang), but it's a long journey (at least 6 hours). A quicker option is to take a bus from Gwangju Express Bus Terminal to Busan (about 3.5 hours).

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Gwangju to Busan

Supposedly there are two different buses you can take to Busan from Gwangju meaning two different drop offs (and probably duration for that matter). We took the shorter one because we didn't want to arrive in Busan too late (we were also

told it was the express bus). The trip cost 24,700 won per person and lasted 3 hours. We were very confused because the gps tracker on the map said we were way outside of the city center when we arrived. But they said we were going to Busan?!--I thought to myself.. And who knows, this might be the only bus station where buses from Gwangju travel to in Busan--no idea. But if you happen to find yourself in the same situation, do not be alarmed. This station also has access to a metro line that can take you to the city center.

The last train leaves this station (Nopo) at 11:33. If you miss that, I'm sorry I don't have a plan B for you (maybe expensive taxi ride..) We were lucky enough to catch the last train (1 line) and head to Haeundae where there are many hostels very close to the beach. Subway trip (3,000 won for 2 people-coins or 1,000 bills only) took us 50 minutes and we had to transfer twice. I was thinking to myself well if we caught the last train all the way out here and we still need to transfer twice, we might not make it to our final destination because the trains will have already stopped running. But don't worry, we made all three trains (1-3-2). Safe travels!

3. Re: Train from Gwangju to Busan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 October 2015, 14:05
4. Re: Train from Gwangju to Busan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2016, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Gwangju