We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling around Anuradhapura

Which Anuradhapura hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
2 posts
Save Topic
Cycling around Anuradhapura

We're planning on staying near Dambulla and taking a day trip up to Anuradhapura. I've heard that some hotels rent cycles to their guests but does anyone know where day-trippers might rent bikes from?

And (this may be a long shot but here goes.....) we'll be travelling with our 3 year old daughter. Does anyone know if there's any chance of us finding somewhere that not only rents bikes to non-guests but also has a child carrier/seat attached??

Sam

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycling around Anuradhapura

Hi,

I've seen plenty of cycles being ridden around them Anuradhapura sites but never one with a child seat.

There may be one somewhere but as an alternative, I'd suggest using a tuk tuk .. You should be able to get a tuk tuk for the day at a very reasonable cost as the fuel consumption would be next to nothing and if you bargain around you should also find a driver with a good knowledge of the History of the place.

OR,, how are you intending to get from Dambulla to Anuradhapura for the day..?.

If it's with a car and driver, then you may well be able to get a tourist board approved guide as a driver for the day and licenced or not, a driver that you've hired to take you there and back should also take you around to various parts of the main sites.

Rod.

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycling around Anuradhapura

A few years back I rented bikes for the day from Tissawewa Rest House - they were rather ancient but fine for the job. However, certainly no child seats. Given your requirements I think that Rod's recommendations are the best for you.

Dubai
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cycling around Anuradhapura

Oh shame, I rather fancied incorporating some physical activity into the schedule rather than just being driven from one place to the next.

Thank you both for your speedy and helpful responses.

4. Re: Cycling around Anuradhapura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2010, 06:15