We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left Luggage in Dambulla

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Left Luggage in Dambulla

Hi,

Does anyone know if the bus station or anywhere in Dambulla have left luggage where luggage can be stored while visiting the caves?

We are going to stay in Sigiriya and do hike there in morning and then travel by bus/tuktuk to Dambulla to visit the caves in the afternoon, and then hopefully get the bus from Dambulla to Kandy, so would need somewhere to store our bags while we visit the caves.

Thanks,

Niamh

Kandy, Sri Lanka
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Left Luggage in Dambulla

i don't think it'll be safe to keep your bag in these places if you take your bags with you you'll be able to keep it at the temple premises

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Left Luggage in Dambulla

I'd need to know the same.

Niamhccc: have you already been there? can you confirm if there is any place where you can store your luggage in Dambulla?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Left Luggage in Dambulla

Sorry Timman82, not there until early September. Just hoping that my guesthouse in Sigiriya will be able to tell me

10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Left Luggage in Dambulla

me too, would like to know where to store my backpack while visiting the caves.

Anyone with experiences?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Left Luggage in Dambulla

Hi, i've been in Dambulla yesterday and I can confirm that no luggage storage is available.

I decided to sleep in dambulla, but actually there is nothing to do there apart of the cave temples which is definitely worth.

If you want to go to dambulla only for the cave temple you could ask the manager of the guesthouse where I stayed to keep your luggage meanwhile. Maybe if you pay him something he allows you to leave your bag for a couple of hours. He is a nice guy. The guesthouse is CLN guesthouse and it is just 100 meters from the bus stop, on the main road.

Email clnherath@gmail.com

He organizes also tours to sigiriya and minneriya. I don't know the prices. If you buy a tour to him, maybe you can leave baggages for free.

Another option could be to pay a tuk tuk from the bus stop to the cave temple more than normal price, leave the luggage to the tuk tuk man whilst you are visiting the temples, and go back to the bus stop with the same tuk tuk (normal price is 150/200 rupees one way). If you want to stay more relaxed, the guy of the CLN has also a friend which is tuk-tukker. He could maybe arrange the tuk tuk for you ( he will get a commission for sure), if something happens to your luggage you have at least someone to go with claims...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Left Luggage in Dambulla

thanks for the advice :)

7. Re: Left Luggage in Dambulla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Dambulla