We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Hikkaduwa

Preston
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Hikkaduwa

Does anyone recognise this hotel in Hikkaduwa, it looks just what I'm looking for, but no name available ?

members.virtualtourist.com/m/pb/0/10265b/

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Hikkaduwa

According to members.virtualtourist.com/m/10265b/15c259/3/ it's Asian Jewel.

http://www.asian-jewel.com/

Hans

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Hikkaduwa

asian jewel boutique hotel ,no 1 rated hotel in hikkaduwa ,read all the great reviews on this site..

Preston
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Hikkaduwa

Thankyou for replying, should have realised. Too pricey for me !

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Hikkaduwa

how much you looking at spending ,might be able to point you in the right direction

Preston
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Hikkaduwa

It would be for 14 nights, so I would like to keep it around £20 a night !

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Hikkaduwa

hi woodsy ,yes the places on the internet with the pictures are invariably more than 20 uk pounds a night ,under that you enter backpacker territory ,which should not neccassarily have negative conotations as a good ensuite comfortable room can easily be found for 10 pounds a night.there are many and as i think i mentioned before ,i get dropped off at ritas guest house and restaurant (ritas place has rooms for 20 pounds or less but i think they are overpriced so i walk up the beach popping into 3 or 4 places and pick 1 at never more than 10 pounds a night .if you are not comfortable doing that and you really feel you need a reservation i can find you the phone number for ..blue note ..who has nice cabanas for maybe 20 pounds a night..

Preston
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Hikkaduwa

Yes please, cabana's sound nice ?

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Hikkaduwa

hey woodsy ,the number i have is 227 7016 and its 424 galle road ,we have stayed there and its a decent place though dont expect luxury .i would guess it would cost 15 pounds a night .its owned by a german guy and sri lankan wife .we found him rude but sure not everybody does ,any way good for a night or 2 maybe to get your bearings and you can have a look elsewhere if its not for you ....google ...hotel blue note hikkaduwa sri lanka ..

sure something will come up..

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Hikkaduwa

yes i just googled it myself and there are a few pictures,new number now i think 94 091 4383052,you will probably find an email address if you take a look

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Hikkaduwa

Hi,

One that you might like to consider in Hikkaduwa is the Coral Rock Hotel.

I prefer staying on the reef sheltered beach for swimming and snorkelling and my usual stop over place is getting very much past it's sell by date.

So, when there a couple of weeks ago I went on an inspection tour of a couple of hotels in readiness for mext trip.

One that I looked at and considered good value is the Coral Rock.

Excellent air-con rooms, good restaurant, swimming pool and more or less central on the beach.

The manager showed me around and quoted 3000 rupees ( about £17 ) a day / night for a double room,including breakfasts.

…yahoo.com/p-hotel-395025-coral_rock_hotel-i

That page has a couple of TA, member reviews.

Rod

Get answers to your questions about Hikkaduwa
Recent Conversations