We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hikkaduwa to Yala day trip

somerset
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hikkaduwa to Yala day trip

Hi there,

I am in hikkaduwa travelling alone and would like to visit yala on a day trip when it re-opens in

october.

Can you advise on this and how much should it cost if travelling alone. I would rather find other

brits to travel with but up to now no joy. They have either done other relevant trips or will be going home before it re-opens.

Any advice on where to look for fellow brits in the town- cafes/bars etc?

Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hikkaduwa to Yala day trip

Hikkaduwa to Yala is 4-5 hours drive each way. Safaris are 6-9 am and 3-6 pm. so not recommended for a day trip.

Hans

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hikkaduwa to Yala day trip

Possibly allow to spend a night in Tissa. You could explore the coast on the way from Hikka to Tissa, stay overnight and get an early start in Yala. That is my plan in a couple of weeks anyway :-)

Good luck,

Mark

somerset
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hikkaduwa to Yala day trip

thanks for your advice on this

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hikkaduwa to Yala day trip

You may have better luck with finding fellow travellers if you take a Kataragama bound bus from Hikkaduwa to Tissamaharama and stay overnight in a cheap guesthouse.

Hans

5. Re: Hikkaduwa to Yala day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Hikkaduwa
Recent Conversations