We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1pm Flight starting from Hikkaduwa?

Which Hikkaduwa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
1pm Flight starting from Hikkaduwa?

When we leave Sri Lanka we have a 1pm flight from Colombo, so I would image we need to be there for about 11am.

As I have no idea the reliability of Sri Lankan roads I am wondering if we need to leave the night before and stay overnight in Colombo, or if it will be safe to stay our last night in Hikkaduwa and be assured that a local driver will have no problem getting us to the airport on time?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,022 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1pm Flight starting from Hikkaduwa?

I would be happy staying in Hikkaduwa & leaving for the airport about 7am.

You could also stay in Negombo the night before your flight, which is just 15mins from the airport

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1pm Flight starting from Hikkaduwa?

Good question! We are facing the same issue but have already booked in Hikka and our flight is even earlier so will need to leave Hikka for airport in the early hours of the morning

London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1pm Flight starting from Hikkaduwa?

Hi There,

You will be fine having a private vehicle arranged to take you in the morning , it will take approximately 2.5 hrs taking E-ways at baddega interchange.

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1pm Flight starting from Hikkaduwa?

Thanks guys, and the roads flow well there, not prone to the occasional 2hr long traffic jam at weekends?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1pm Flight starting from Hikkaduwa?

Weekends ? Nope, you will be fine.

I'm not sure of the current conditions of the Baddegama exit. (B153). But your driver can always drive down to Galle and join the expressway. Eitherway...

Hikkaduwa to Kottawa ; 1.5 hours

Kottawa to Peliyagoda: 1 hour

Peliyagoda to Airport : 20 mins

And those are safe estimates. But the second leg of the journey - from one extreme suburb of Colombo to another - will be different on a weekday morning.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1pm Flight starting from Hikkaduwa?

Hi There,

You can leave Galle by around 8am and take the expressway to Kottawa, and from Colombo you can use the expressway to the airport. The travel time will be about 3hours by a car.

Edited: 20 November 2013, 11:08
London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1pm Flight starting from Hikkaduwa?

Thanks all.

8. Re: 1pm Flight starting from Hikkaduwa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:19