We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to Beruwela

Which Kalutara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
devon
Level Contributor
41 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
travelling to Beruwela

Further to my last topic on diving. there is a Dive club located in Beruwela and was wondering the best way to get there from Kalutara. I have to be there by 8.30am so if there is a train or taxxi's and how much do they cost

many thanks

jeff

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,653 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to Beruwela

Hi Jeff,

Express trains don't stop there and local trains tend to be very 'flexible' in their timings. So taking a tuktuk seems safest. It's not an extreme distance, something like 15-20 km taking maybe 30 mins drive. Tuktuk km prices used to be Rs 15-20 per km and due to petrol increases nowadays sometimes they try 30 per km which is crazy; 20-25 is fine. So that would make something like Rs 500 (less than 2.5 pound) for a one way ride.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to Beruwela

Hi Jeff,

Yes, most of express trains will not stop at Beruwala railway station and therefore tuk tuks will be the safest for you to be there on time.

Nishantha

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to Beruwela

Hi Jeff,

I take it that you will be going to Ypsilon Diving Station, which is is quite a distance away from Beruwela Town (and Galle Road), so travelling by bus will be too much hassle.

I also recommend that you go by tuk-tuk (around LKR 500-550) or by air con van (around LKR 1000-1200) depending on where your hotel is located in Kalutara (North or South).

Hans

4. Re: travelling to Beruwela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 09:25
Get answers to your questions about Kalutara
Recent Conversations