We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thunderstorms now?

NW England
Level Contributor
16 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Thunderstorms now?

We go on Monday and the weather report tells me it is thunderstorms each day. PLEASE tell me they're wrong!

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thunderstorms now?

Hi,

The past few days the rain is unpredictable but mostly in the evening and night. Mostly it was gloomy. Hopefully this will be over by monday.

Nishanth

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thunderstorms now?

Hi

The on-line weather reports always highlight the thunderstorms and wet weather, but the reality is usually far better and it's rare not to get good periods of sunshine inbetween aswell. Thunderstorms are frequent in Sri Lanka, usually towards late afternoon and overnight but clear up quickly. I obviously cannot predict the weather you are going to get, and it is still an unsettled time of year out there in the south west, but I'd put a bet on you getting a good share of sunshine aswell ... and whatever happens, you will NEVER be cold!!

Sue

Mentioned in this post
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thunderstorms now?

In Aluthgama (15 km south of Kalutara) the weather yesterday was rain on and off from 08:30-12:30 then a couple of hours with some sunshine before it started raining again. The time of the year the rains are often accompanied by thunder, lightning and heavy winds.

Hans

Mentioned in this post
Kalutara
Kalutara
Western Province, Sri Lanka
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thunderstorms now?

Have just spent 10 days on the south coast 7 of which rained virtually non stop - this time a year ago there was just he odd shower - so guess it's got to clear for the rest of the month!!

5. Re: Thunderstorms now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Kalutara
Recent Conversations