We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Boys

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Boys

Hey,

I'm an undergraduate reading for Tourism Management (BS.c) Degree.

I need your assistent in conducting my final research about "Beach Boys".

Please send me your experience with Sri Lanka Beach Boys..

manoj.susl@gmail.com

+94716303960

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Boys

you will find plenty of opinions of them in the kalutara hotel reviews. personally they would drive me mad so i stay on a beach where i seldom, if ever see any.

Edited: 11 August 2010, 11:47
Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Boys

Amazing how people on holiday are prepared to get involved with those who hang around hot tourist spots,working their tricks to extract their hard earned holiday funds and whatever else is available,as easily and quickly as possible! If these "beach boys" and touts were in their home city, they'd give them a wide berth, methinks! There are also posts about them on the Negombo forum and other travellers' websites.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,673 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Boys

Hmmm... dare to disagree a bit. Yes you have the agressive, shady beach boys but not all of them are like that. And a 'good' beach boy will bring you into contact with reliable freelance organisers/drivers for the day trips.

Often exactly these drivers are also used by the 'reliable' hotel tour desks, but at a price upto 50-100% above what they charge themselves. So as long as the 'contract' with the driver together with beach boy meets the four mimum criteria given in the FAQ (tourist board license, insurance, good car, address to complain to) I see no reason not to talk with the good beach boys. In a certain aspect, the hotel tour desks are even _MORE_ a shame for Lankan tourist industry and image by charging such excessive high fees solely for acting as a middleman towards the same pool of freelance drivers!

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Orange County...
Level Contributor
338 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Boys

Interesting opinion on the beach boys from an unbiased website.....

www.travel4lankans.com/Opinion%20Page.htm

Robbie

5. Re: Beach Boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Kalutara