We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currant weather

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Currant weather

hi

I am travelling to Sri Lanka to stay at the Tangerine Beach hotel next Sunday and was wondering what weather to expect, When i'm looking at the weather online its concerning me saying it is raining all day!!

Would be grateful if anyone in the area can give me a local update!

thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currant weather

Bright and sunny in the mornings. Some clouds in the afternoons and afternoon/evening showers.

Hans

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currant weather

thank you

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,353 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currant weather

In Sri lanka, it often rains in the late afternoon/evening, so every weather forecast will show rain each/most days

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,383 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currant weather

yesterday was lovely in Mirissa all day, and lots of rain at night.

Marlborough, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currant weather

Hi all.

Coming to The royal palms beach hotel on 3rd May, could you tell me what plug adaptors are required and if so what type.

What is the voltage? Will the weather be dry or wet?. So many questions but looking forward to seeing your lovely country. thanks steve.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,673 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currant weather

As for weather see above, no reason to worry; or read the top question on weather patterns.

It's 220 V just as in Europe. Adapters, even in same hotel, are of 2 mixed types: 3-pin square UK style and 2+1 pin 'round continental European style'. A 2-pin plug fits but you have to fool the 3rd earth pin by briefly inserting some plastic stick or the like. Universal travel adapters generally do the job, and are also for sale/ (with some luck) loan locally.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Marlborough, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Currant weather

Thank you Eric.

steve.

8. Re: Currant weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Kalutara