We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kandy to Yala

uk
3 posts
Save Topic
Kandy to Yala

Hi all,

Quick question - what is the easiest way to get from Kandy to Yala? How long should it take me and how much should it cost? Im guessing the fastest way is to hire a car and driver one way...is this easy to do from Kandy?

Sorry that was 3 quick questions and I still have one more...

I saw on other forums about malaria risks and ErikD mentioned it is only a risk if I overnight in the north or in Yala - I am staying for 2 nights in Ellerton (30mins south of Kandy) and 2 nights at Yala village - do those count as Malaria risk?

Thanks!!

TT

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kandy to Yala

Hi TT,

Yala area normally considered as a malaria threatened area.Yala village is a one of the best hotels in the area & its well maintained. I can tell you for sure that inside their rooms there is no mosquitos.But when you go outside if you could apply some repellent like Autan widely available in all supermarkets in sri lanka.

About travelling to Yala yes i think its a good idea to hire a car.froom Kandy i think best way is taking ella-wellawaya route.

Nishantha

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
169 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kandy to Yala

Hi

If you wanted an interesting variation you could take the train from Kandy to Ella and then hire a car and driver there or arrange someone to meet you at Ella. Might even be faster as well.

Regards

3. Re: Kandy to Yala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 12:20