We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr & Mrs Madugalle's B&B

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mr & Mrs Madugalle's B&B

My girlfriend and I stayed at Mr & Mrs Madugalle's home back in December 2007. It was the most interesting, homely and memorable place we stayed in during our 3 week tour around the beautiful country.

Kumari Madugalle and her husband looked after us fantastically well. We stayed for 3 nights. Mr and Mrs Madugalle picked us up from the train station in their car, made us lunch upon arrival at their beautiful house high above the city. The room they let is in fact 2 large rooms including bathroom, lounge area with bedroom and a small terrace, with the most amazing views of the beautiful green hills down to the city.

Each night they cooked the most amazing traditional Sri Lankan food for us. We could have what we wanted and they even got in beer for us to relax with. During and after dinner, we talked with the Madugalle's. This allowed us a perfect insight into Sri Lankan life and is an experience we remember fondly and will not forget.

If you're looking for a real Sri Lankan experience with homely hospitality, I would certainly recommend a stay with Mr and Mrs Madugalle. You can contact them at madugallere@yahoo.com.

Come Visit Sri Lanka
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Food Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, City Tours
Dazzling Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Rainbow Tours Sri Lanka
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mr & Mrs Madugalle's B&B

My wife and I have recently returned from a 3-weeks wonderful holiday in Sri Lanka. One of the highlights was staying a few days with Kumari and Rihad Madugalle in Kandy. We agree, James. This charming and welccoming couple look after you so well - from lovely Sri Lankan home cooking to excursions to suit your special interests, and stimulating and interesting conversation. At the end of our stay we felt we had made real friends.

We would certainly recommend a stay with the Madugalles in Kandy.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mr & Mrs Madugalle's B&B

I agree with both of the above posts. I also stayed with the Madugalles during December (and, in fact, met James at the test match!), and had the most fantastic experience of my month in Sri Lanka.

If you're looking for something slightly different to the typical tourist experience, and a genuine insight into Sri Lankan life, then the Madugalles' B&B is definitely for you.

3. Re: Mr & Mrs Madugalle's B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 20:19