We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaaya Citadel Kandy vs Jetwing Hunas Falls

India
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Chaaya Citadel Kandy vs Jetwing Hunas Falls

Hey folks,

confused between this two hotel. please tell me which one is better? Just in Kandy for 1nt and 2nt in Nuwara

Kind regards,

mac

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaaya Citadel Kandy vs Jetwing Hunas Falls

Hi Mac

Chaaya Citadel is more convenient for Kandy itself as it is only about a 10 minute drive from the centre of the town. Hunas Falls is set in the Knuckles range of mountains and is about an hour's drive NE of the town. As you are only staying for one night and want to see Kandy, Chaaya Citadel is the better choice for you, especially as you will get your mountain "fix" when you go on to the Nuwara Eliya area the next day.

Sue

India
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaaya Citadel Kandy vs Jetwing Hunas Falls

Oh thx a lot sue.

India
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaaya Citadel Kandy vs Jetwing Hunas Falls

any other better hotels in Kandy.

Chaaya citadel is not available.

kind regards,

mac

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaaya Citadel Kandy vs Jetwing Hunas Falls

Lucky escape if you ask me. Yes, Citadel is much more convenient for Kandy town but it is a large transit hotel in my opinion with a 'holiday camp' feel. I went there back in February for a meal, with a view to a stay, but was utterly convinced that this was not the place for me. Noisy, restaurant serving mediocre to unacceptable food with no follow up on complaints. Felt like Butlins!

Where else to stay in Kandy that is not too far from the town centre:

Budget choices: Hotel Thilanka or Hill Top both very close to the centre of Kandy, offering comfortable clean accommodation with A/C - 2/3 stars

Slightly more up market: Maweli Reach, Earls Regency, or Amaya Hills - each of these is a little more out of town - 15 to 20 minutes away or more in peak times. As far as I am concerned, none of these has the wow factor. Typical tourist hotels.

Boutique: The Kandy House (more traditional) or Theva Residency (modern minimalist) Again about 15 minutes from the town centre. Expensive and fairly exclusive - worth it????

Also lots of guest house accommodation, which will be much cheaper.

Get back to me if you want more details.

David.

5. Re: Chaaya Citadel Kandy vs Jetwing Hunas Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kandy