We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kandy perahera dates for 2012

Which Kandy hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hereford, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
kandy perahera dates for 2012

would someone please advise of the dates of the festival in 2012

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kandy perahera dates for 2012

Hi,

Welcome to TripAdvisor.

The Perahera is due to run from the 23rd of July through to the 1st of August, with a daytime Perahera held on the 2nd of August.

Hans

Hereford, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kandy perahera dates for 2012

thanks

Auckland
Level Contributor
44 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kandy perahera dates for 2012

Hello

Can you please let me know which nights are best - is it best to be there for the first ffew nights or the last few? Any difference? Is the procession the same each night. Many thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kandy perahera dates for 2012

Hi,

As more and more groups are joining in the Perahera every night the best nights are towards the end (most elephants and most dancers).

Hans

Auckland
Level Contributor
44 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kandy perahera dates for 2012

Thank you Hans....any advice re hotels? We stayed in The Chalet (now known as 'Helgas Folly' many years ago - great location and wacky decor but see the prices have gone over the roof. Something similar within walking disance of Kandy (amongst the greenery) would be lovely. There are four of us (friends - not couples) travelling together.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kandy perahera dates for 2012

Be aware that hotels/guesthouses will increase their prices (double or more) during Perahera season.

Nature Walk (http://www.naturewalkhr.net/index.html) is within walking distance from Kandy centre.

Hans

Beruwala,sri lanka
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: kandy perahera dates for 2012

Hallo

After perahera started 04 days will join 04 devala activities as hans said last day is the marvellous but more visotors.

you can't help on that time most of the hotel increase the prices.

Thanks

SYD

Auckland
Level Contributor
44 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kandy perahera dates for 2012

Thank you Hans, I have sent an enquiry about rates, but the photos dont really show the rooms. We would need ensuite bathrooms and cannot see if they have them. I think this is next door to one I used to stay in years ago called 'Woodstock' I wonder what happened to that.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kandy perahera dates for 2012

Don't worry. All rooms at Nature Walk have en-suite bathrooms.

Hans

10. Re: kandy perahera dates for 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 February 2012, 22:35