We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hantana Shadow Resort

UK
Level Contributor
382 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Hantana Shadow Resort

Has anyone stayed here recently? The post from 2009 are not great, so I was wondering if there is any more updated opinion?? Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
382 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hantana Shadow Resort

Hi again! Worried that nobody has anything to say about this place!! maybe I should book somewhere else. The only other options Red Dot offer are Kandy Cottage and Queens hotel.........??

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hantana Shadow Resort

Kandy Cottage is Good.

c g
Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hantana Shadow Resort

HI I visited this place a few weeks back. The setting is beautiful - in the midst of the Hanthana forest range. The support staff too are polite. Food is not great. The biggest turn off is the Manager there. My personal experience was not pleasent at all. If you ask for my take - no, I wouldn't go there until they change the hotel Manager.

P S
HK
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hantana Shadow Resort

Lovely setting, but the rooms are very tired. Food was basic and certainly not a patch on food available in Kandy itself. As with the previous review, the manager/owner was a major negative. Constantly hanging around while trying to eat with a cigarette in his mouth, interrupting when ever he felt like it. Biggest laugh was when checking out, when he claimed that a rain storm the night before had knocked out his credit card machine and insisted on cash. He was most annoyed when I plugged it back in and it worked!! A shame as the rest of the staff were really rather good.

5. Re: Hantana Shadow Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2013, 13:59
UK
Level Contributor
382 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hantana Shadow Resort

Thanks for that. Shame. We have now booked Kandy Cottage - will be there 5 weeks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Re: Hantana Shadow Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 07:16