We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MUST see in Kandy?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
MUST see in Kandy?

Hello,

We will be traveling tomorrow morning from Habarana to our hotel about 1 hour south of Kandy (Mount Havana). I wanted to know what are the absolute MUST see in Kandy as our time there will be limited.

As of now I am planning to see temple of the tooth. I was also heard about the Botanical Gardens and the Temple Triangle? Not sure what this one is.

So far I am planning tomorrow to Drive through Kandy, not stop, to relax at our Hotel. Leave the hotel around 4PM to go visit the Temple of the tooth (around 5-6PM?) and maybe Kandy dance shows (where? worth it?) and then eat in a Restaurant (recommendation) and get some of the Kandy Vibe

On day two planned to leave hotel early (8AM?) and go to Kandy for about 2-3 hours to visit...Botanical Gardens? What else? We are not interested in museums and only by must see sites. We want to minimize the running around and come back to the hotel to relax

Thanks for any input.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MUST see in Kandy?

Alternatively (to minimize travel) we could see something (suggestions?) day 1 on our way from Habarana.

And on day 2 leave at the end of PM to see the temple of tooth (something else too?) and have dinner in Kandy.

Any suggestions welcome

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MUST see in Kandy?

The Kandy Dance (near Tooth Temple) is 5.30-6.30 pm.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,818 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MUST see in Kandy?

What is must and what is not is quite subjective. For us, one of us a native of the town, it's quite a long list. But Tooth Temple and Peradeniya Botanical Gardens are amongst the top ones yes...

All the best,

[Sandya] & <Erik>

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
616 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MUST see in Kandy?

Please let me know how Mount Havana was..we are staying there in February......Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MUST see in Kandy?

Hans & Erik: Thanks

Bukets: I will write a review.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MUST see in Kandy?

Buket: Just arrived at Mt Havana, it looks great. Special feel and quietness. Room is really private and impressive. But these are just first impressions.

BTW, if you're looking for a place of same calibre in the Cultural Triangle, I highly highly recommend Cinnamon Lodge. Completely immersed in nature, huge yet quiet, outstanding service. Can't fault a thing (except spotty internet)

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: MUST see in Kandy?

The Pub on the top of "Bake House" overlooking the main street is a nice place to have a beer and "get some of the Kandy Vibe". Consider Theva or Kandy House if you want a special meal but I don't think they schedule will permit time for anything out of the way...

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
616 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MUST see in Kandy?

Thanks for the initial review...looking forward to staying there

Kandy, Sri Lanka
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: MUST see in Kandy?

In kandy you must tray to go hanthana mounten. It"s beutyfull view.

10. Re: MUST see in Kandy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 13:35