We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kandy Trip options

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Kandy Trip options

Hello all,

I am reaching Colombo early Morning 6 am and will be travelling to Kandy via Pannawala

I wanted to check on if I should plan for 1 night stay in Kandy or 2 nights (accordingly I will plan the other days)

How much time should Pinnawala trip take (i will be accompanied by a 4 year old kid). Can we do Kandy sight seeing in one day itself. What are the must dos there?

Any inputs will help.

After Kandy I am planning to do Nuwara Elita and Hikka.

Regards,

Nitin

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kandy Trip options

Hi! Check the Kandy Attractions, as must see would be subjective.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g304138-Activiti…

I would think they are: Temple of the Tooth during the "Tevava" (service ritual) conducted at particular times daily, Peradeniya Botanical Gardens, Cultural Show at YMBA and take a tuk tuk up to the Kandy View Point by dusk.

Rather than Nuwara Eliya, suggest Haputale. Quiet town with beautiful views over 5 provinces.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kandy Trip options

Hi, we are coming from habarana and like to sea the Nuwara Eliya area (incl. Horton Plains). For some reasons, I did not find a hotel which i realy like (from the picures/comments on TA). Is Haputale an alternative? What about transporation from habarana and is it easy to get around?

Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,541 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kandy Trip options

Hi there,

Ohiya is best base for Horton Plains and Haputale en Nuwara Eliya are 2nd best alternatives. As one needs to be at entrance 7 AM it's important to be closeby. Olympus in Haputale e.g. could be an option.

From Habarana it's first bus to Kandy and then best is train (bus you'd need a 2nd transfer in Eliya), also because the train is quite scenic.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

4. Re: Kandy Trip options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 06:34