We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Kandy with kids

Which Kandy hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Kandy with kids

I am staying in Kandy for a few nights at Christmas and have a 3 and 5 year old so I am looking for somewhere to stay and have lunch that might have some Christmas feel and/or food. I am thinking a tree, perhaps some music, or even a Santa! I am guessing that this would mean a chain hotel? But if there are other options I'd love to know them! Failing that which is the best big hotel to impart some Christmas magic for kids? TIA

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,016 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Kandy with kids

Hi there,

Big ones like Earl's, Citadel and Mahaweli Reach have most chance yes. It's quite a recent phenomenon in Lanka (except Christian areas like some coastal towns) and aimed at tourists and the more wealthy locals. Maybe it helps contacting the hotels before deciding...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
4,936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Kandy with kids

I'd bet on Earl's and Cinnamon Citadel to be more generous with the Turkey.

They usually do a lot of advertising and media releases close to the date, so you can get a better idea then.

I think it's fine to decide on the venue once you're in Kandy

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Kandy with kids

Thanks for the feedback, I will contact the hotels now I have a few names. Perfect.

Negombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
95 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Kandy with kids

My suggestion is Cinnamon Citadel, because 2013 Christmas party was great in Cinnamon Citadel. It is one of a fantastic Christmas party I've ever saw. Their clients were so happy and enjoyed a lot. I think you can have a nice time and a great unforgettable Christmas party with your childrens.

Good Luck

Krish SL

Edited: 07 May 2014, 10:26
London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Kandy with kids

i think earls regency is good for that.

Korea
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Kandy with kids

Its better if you did some research on the hotels because if you call them, every hotel would say, "you'll have a great Christmas with us so please book with Us" hehe

But anyway on a side note, it can be a boring Christmas since Kandy is predominantly Buddhist and not around Christian communities such as around costal towns or even Colombo!

7. Re: Christmas in Kandy with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:05
8. Re: Christmas in Kandy with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2015, 05:15