We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train station

Which Kandy hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Train station

I am driving a large car and need to collect a passenger coming in to Kany train station. Where can I park.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,298 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train station

Hi there,

Challenging, no safe free parking nearby. If you have another passenger, just stop the car at some distance (e.g. main Post Office or near Good shed bus station) and send that passenger by foot to pick up the traveller. When we're shopping in Kandy generally we park in the paid garage of City Centre mall, but that's just too far from the station for your plans.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train station

Thanks for your reply. I will find alternate options

Negombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
95 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train station

in front of railway station has a car park. its a safe place to pick up a passenger form the railway station. are you coming by a limousine car?

also if you use KCC car park, you can take the Bogambara Prison side exit. from there around 500 meters distance to station.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train station

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but it's easier to park at the Peradeniya railway station. It's one hop away and act as an interchange for most trains to/from Kandy.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,298 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train station

Good info. Yes the park in front of the station is nice for 'kiss & ride' drop offs and pickups as long as someone stays in the car. If you walk away inside most likely the area police will fine you for illegal parking, that's why I did not mention ;-)

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Czeladz, Poland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train station

Dear friend,

you can park in all railway stations , no problems. just you have to pay parking fee

all the best

Ivo

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Train station

It's a problem if there is not enough space to park. Even the Colombo Fort station car park - entrance via maclom road - has limited spaces.

8. Re: Train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:16