We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sigirya to Polonnaruwa

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Sigirya to Polonnaruwa

If we make an early start for Sigirya from Cinnamon Lodge and spend a couple of hours there (we are not climbing) then go to Polonnaruwa for another couple of hours and return to Cinnamon Lodge, how long should the entire round trip take?

Also what time do elephant rides take place in Habarana?

Just trying to work out what is feasible in time so we can fit in some other activities.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,067 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sigirya to Polonnaruwa

Hi again Angie,

1] Habarana (lodge) - Sigiriya 45 mins

Sigiriya-P'ruwa 1 hour

P'ruwa - Habarana 30-45 mins

So the total trip is maybe 6 hours or so.

2] Elephantrides can be done all day, but I'd avoid the midday heat (say 11 AM to 3 PM); too much burden for the passengers and the nice beastie too, though at least half of the ride is under foliage cover.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

somerset uk
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sigirya to Polonnaruwa

How can you contemplate going to Sigi and not climbing it? If you don't you will only need to be there for 20 minutes or so. You can easily go to the top and back in less than 1.5 hours if you have any degree of fitness. And it is so worthwhile.

Richard

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sigirya to Polonnaruwa

Because I suffer from vertigo, the medical kind not just fear of heights and become extremely dizzy, so it is a no no for me and hubby will not leave me alone on the ground, so we will see the rock and the surrounding areas and admire the beauty

4. Re: Sigirya to Polonnaruwa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 10:16