We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classic Ceylon tour

Which Sigiriya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lincoln
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Classic Ceylon tour

My self and future hubby are going on this tour for our honeymoon next May 14. I am just wondering 1. What the weather will be like I know it can be unsettled, 2. Are there parts with rules where I should be covered up, E.g trousers not shorts. 3. Would saddles be suitable for climbing the sigiryan rock? Lastly any other tips i should know??

lincoln
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Classic Ceylon tour

I meant sandles not saddles sorry predictive text...

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,673 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Classic Ceylon tour

Hi Jenny,

Will try...

1] Mostly sunny, the odd afternoon shower. Sea too rough for swimming on southwest coast.

2] Bermudas are okay for temples, anything less not (also for men!). And shoulders to cover also for temples.

3] Yes many people do so, even some in flipflops.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

lincoln
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Classic Ceylon tour

Thank you, I will play safe and take some linen trousers, and some comfy sandles, thank you for the advice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Classic Ceylon tour

Hi Jenny,

who have you booked your tour with?

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Classic Ceylon tour

Hi, we are looking to go in October. Could you give me a rough idea of how much money we should take for lunches and drinks per day ?

Thanks

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Classic Ceylon tour

Hi, we are looking to go in October. Could you give me a rough idea of how much money we should take for lunches and drinks per day ?

Thanks

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Classic Ceylon tour

Hey we booked with Hayes and Jarvis through thompsons.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Classic Ceylon tour

Hi, we booked through Thompson too. We're finishing off with 5 nights in The Maldives. Do you've any idea how much it will cost for lunches and drinks? Thanks alison

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Classic Ceylon tour

Hi - not sure if it helps but we changed £200 at Colombo airport - and changed back £80 of it when we left Sri Lanka after a week on the Ceylon Classic Tour in February. We had our own guide and he helped us by making sure we only paid the correct price for everything during our stay, We had a fabulous time I'm sure you will too - we also booked through Thompson/Hayes & Jarvis and finished off with a week in the Maldives. We were also told not to expect too much of the hotels and food before we left - ignore this if you are told this too as the hotels and food are excellent and the Sri Lankan people are so welcoming and friendly - although do be careful in the factories and touristy shops as you are expected to purchase and it can suddenly be very pricey when it is clear you are a foreigner - don't be afraid to give a polite no thanks. Enjoy.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Classic Ceylon tour

Just saw your reply, thank you! Could you tell me how much we should take to the Maldives. We'd like to do the dolphins trip and anything else we can in 5 days. Thanks again.