We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnaval in Bocas

nc Coast
Level Contributor
297 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Carnaval in Bocas

I have checked and there appear to still be limited vacancies in Bocas during the Carnaval timeframe. Looking at Angelas and Lulas so far...

Single, 59, traveling alone and would prefer to be in town. Will probably be there for 8 nights including Carnaval dates.

Any opinions on those places or others in the $50.00 price range.

Thanks,

TR

Bocas del Toro
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnaval in Bocas

Las Olas de la Madrugada, very cheap for what you get and over the water. Mixed crowd - i.e. not just young backpackers. The two places you mention are fine too. Angela is over the water, Lulu's across the street a bit further down. Nearby is also Casa Blanca (same side as Lulu's) and Buena Vista (also on the water), I may have the name wrong - not to be confused with Buena Vista restaurant in the center of town. On the other end of town, where las Olas is located, you also have Dos Palmas, reasonably priced. The owner can be a bit surly at times, but not a bad value for over the water. More center of town but not on the main drag is Cala Luna, well kept and reasonably priced.

Isla Bastimentos
Level Contributor
421 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnaval in Bocas

Luvinia is "Surly"????????You oughta be ashamed of yourself crazy, She is a sweetheart and one of Bocas' treasures...I love that woman. But yes Riven, Los Olas or Dos Palmas are your best bets at that price range, Los Olas is higher but U get Desayuna libre.

Bocas del Toro
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnaval in Bocas

I stand by my comment as I have witnessed it myself (so it is not "bochinche") several times. Although she can be very nice to guests for sure but there is also a very "amarga" side to her. Perhaps it does not translate to "surly". You tell me.

Panama
Level Contributor
111 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnaval in Bocas

All of the recommendations provided to you are great . Trip Advisors is intended for personal opinions by travelers. It appears Bocas Representatives are sometimes more personal than professional. Forgive the banter. You will have a delightful time in Bocas del Toro! Its Epic!

Dos Palmas has been a favorite by many, including the other recommendations provided. Enjoy your trip in Bocas del Toro!

Bocas del Toro
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnaval in Bocas

yes Wold, you are absolutely right - I think I erred a bit in passing judgement - but having recommended the place, i saw fit to add my personal caveat. After all, a forum is by nature to voice opinions, the good, the bad and the ugly, which makes TripAdvisor so valuable - it was never meant as a personal insult/attack. My apologies to those I may have offended. Sometimes it is hard to pass on opinions, that may be relevant (hopefully) and be all sweet and light!

Edited: 11 December 2009, 19:17
nc Coast
Level Contributor
297 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnaval in Bocas

Thanks for all the replies. I am sending e-mail inquiries and am sure I will enjoy Bocas!!

7. Re: Carnaval in Bocas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2010, 05:16