We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying or renting a bike?

Montreal
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Buying or renting a bike?

Hi again, since we will be there for 3 months and love to bike, wondering if it is at all possible to buy a bicycle in bocas? Renting i like less because if it is stolen i have problems...What do you think? Second question, i bought alot of books on PAnama and they all seem to say that taxi drivers(road ones) do not expect tipping, is that right or wrong? I don't want to do the wrong thing here.....Thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
Bocas del Toro
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Buying or renting a bike?

You will be in a fairly new construction and assuming there are screens on the windows, you should not need a net over your bed. You may want to ask the rental agency or the owner. If the windows have no screens, they should provide you with a net over the beds. I sleep without one, but that's me. If bugs like you and they can enter, you will want a net LOL

Houston
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Buying or renting a bike?

You will not need a net if you're in a unit with A/C.

Bikes do get stolen here so you will need a lock. Lots of places to buy (and then resell if you want) bikes all around time. Give yourself a couple of days to look around and check prices.

The taxi fair to/from town is .50 per a person. Tipping is not necessary or expected.

13. Re: Buying or renting a bike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2011, 06:53