We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Eat....

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
446 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Eat....

would love some suggestions of good places to eat in Bocas Town that are on the cheaper side.....thanks!! :)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Places to Eat....

Yes, ultimo Refugio way "downtown". I have not eaten there for 10 years!!!! Some day though. Nice meeting you too! Look me up the next time your here and Ill BBQ in the jungle.

It's nice people are steping up their game on the food scene. Maybe by the time you come back I'll have a perminate stall of some sort and then I can really bust out. Tonight I am doing the coconut curry chicken and potato empanadas, they seem to be th favorite among to folks.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Places to Eat....

I hope the service at 9 Degrees has improved. You can read my review for details (and CappyJon's, too).

Ultimo Refugio is great. I've had three wonderful meals there. I feel perfectly safe walking from Lula's alone and back.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Places to Eat....

Geojack I will give you notice next time and I can't wait for the jungle party!

azbuceadora, I don't know what to say about service for 9 degrees. Island time is the norm. One of the reasons Coralinas impressed me so much- I ordered a second beer and it took a while so I went to the bar and ordered another beer. They felt so bad they comped the beer. My friend made a face when she took a bite of her jerk chicken and Stacey was ON IT with out anyone saying anything. She took it away and replaced it with another wonderful dish and said she was using a different jerk seasoning. She decided then and there to take the jerk chicken off the menu until she could get her original jerk seasoning back. Guari Guari has amazing service as well. Other then that Island Time service for everyone else ;)

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Places to Eat....

My experience at 9 Degrees went beyond island time, which I'm all too familiar with (it's much like Ecuadorian time). It was just plain negligence.

25. Re: Places to Eat....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 04:18