We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluff Beach

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Bluff Beach

If we stay in town it looks like we can take a cab to Bluff Beach for $10-$15-is that round trip or one way?

Also, once you get there are there restaurants/bars that you can walk to along the beach?

I see that Tesoro, Playa Bluff and Bluff Beach Retreat are in the area, but can you walk between them and is it easy to catch a cab back to town?

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluff Beach

That will be the one-way price...and the beach is pretty much deserted, even in high season, so no restaurants or bars there (it is gorgeous though). Take lots of water!

It is possible to walk between the few resorts along that stretch, but it's a long walk. You'd be better off renting a bike or jeep. And it isn't easy to catch a cab back either, unless you find someone at a hotel to call one for you.

We stayed at La Coralina (amazing place) and it's about a 25-min walk to the beach from there, and an $8-10 cab ride from town. Great restaurant and bar there too. You could take a cab there, then walk to the beach and back.

Bocas del Toro
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluff Beach

there is also a restaurant and bar at Tesoro Escondido. it is located just before you get to Bluff Beach and it also has two little beaches in front of their place. As you go to the Bluff it is the large 4-story structure to the right. On the beach side. if you were to walk from there to Bluff beach, it is less than 5 minutes. And then you have 4 miles of beach. They can call you a taxi ($8 to $10).

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluff Beach

How far is La Coralina from Tesoro Escondido? Too far to walk? Thinking about going for lunch or dinner-wondering which place has the best views?

Edited: 07 February 2011, 14:32
4. Re: Bluff Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 February 2011, 23:35
LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bluff Beach

Just so you are aware the above post is probably posted by someone associated with that property.

I would be hesitate to go by any posts of anyone with only THREE posts on here, all advertising the same place. Unfortunately, many people only post on here with an agenda rather than truly trying to be of assistance to travelers. I believe the poster earlier this week that posted many links for this place to stay had his own name as a screen name originally, and his advertising posts were removed. Be ware, I would definitely not use this recommendation.

Isla Bastimentos
Level Contributor
421 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bluff Beach

I agree with LN, sounds like a little self advertizing to me. While you´re in the Bocas area try the Island of Bastimentos for accomidations, cheaper and more authentic Carabbean experience than Isla Colon.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
446 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bluff Beach

I just left bocas today and personally I would stick to staying on isla colon...anyway, I biked out to bluff beach today..easy and pretty ride...also stopped at la Carolina for lunch and a great rum punch....would def recommend stopping here...it's beautiful...

Panama
Level Contributor
111 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bluff Beach

Tesoro Escondido is a private destination retreat and does serve lunch at schedule times. The tel no. is located on the website. La Carolina also serves meals and generally does not require advance reservations. Or pick up a picnic lunch at Super Gormet and enjoy the day on the beach. There are lots of options and your hotel can arrange for round trip pick up.

Have fun. It is beautful!

9. Re: Bluff Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 18:17