We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bocas to Panama City

NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bocas to Panama City

We will cross into Bocas from Puerto Viejo and would like to make our way to Panama City in 10-12days. What towns should we stop at on the way? We'd like to travel every 2-3 days and eventually be in PC for 2-3days and then fly back.

Mentioned in this post
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Province of Limon, Costa Rica
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bocas to Panama City

That really depends on what time of year because there are always some religious or cultural fair in Los Santos or other places on the pacific side.

NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bocas to Panama City

We'll be there at the end of January. Spend 2-3nights in Bocas then head towards PC, stopping in some places in between

Mentioned in this post
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Panama
Level Contributor
111 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bocas to Panama City

2 or 3 nights in Bocas will be a perfect stay, then you can move on freely to other destinations throughout Panama! Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Panama
Panama
Central America
Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,510 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bocas to Panama City

What do you like to see and do? Are you more interested in cities or the country? Do you prefer hiking or shopping ... beach or mountain ... natural or historical ... rustic or luxury ... all inclusive or a la carte? How's your Spanish, and how are you traveling?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bocas to Panama City

Not sire of exact dates but the panama jazz festival is in the end of January in the casco viejo section of panama city.

NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bocas to Panama City

We prefer hiking versus shopping, mountain, natural and a mix or rustic and luxury. Also a mix of City and country and definitely a la carte. My spanish is ok, I can definitely get by and I think I'm a pretty good traveler. Did this help at all??

We'll be in PC on Jan 30 and 31, so we'll try to make it to the Jazz festival. It sounds great!

7. Re: Bocas to Panama City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 05:15