We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeroperlas out of business?

Rabat, Morocco
2 posts
Save Topic
Aeroperlas out of business?

Has Aeroperlas gone out of business?

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aeroperlas out of business?

There has been a lot posted on the Panama forum. Here is one link: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298425-i5242-k511…

Bocas del Toro
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeroperlas out of business?

i was told Avianca has bought out the company and will start flights again, with a new name. it has not been confirmed by the aeroperlas staff in bocas, but tourism being what it is here, we cannot have only one airline....

Jasper, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aeroperlas out of business?

If you phone Air Panama reservations you can book your flight...it works

Jasper, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Aeroperlas out of business?

Phone Air Panama reservations and you can book your flight ...it works! I just booked my flights 3 days ago

Isla Bastimentos
Level Contributor
421 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aeroperlas out of business?

I believe Copa airlines is going to start a flight from PC to Bocas fairly soon

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aeroperlas out of business?

Aeroperlas has stopped operations. The flights to Bocas del Toro on Air Panama are all sold out so it doesn't let you book them. It says to leave your name and number and email but no one gets back to you. You think you are requesting a reservation. We booked another flight to David and are driving to Bocas. We called where we are staying and they said it is a lovely 3 hour drive. So we have an adventure to look forward to.

panama
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aeroperlas out of business?

Many people on this site have commented that flightst appear to be sold out for Air Panama & there is no or very slow email response to their inquiry. Due to the closure of Aeroperlas - the staff at Air Panama have been overwhelmed with inquiries. They have recently hired more staff & are flying additional flights every day. They are unable to post these additional flights on the website. My recommendation is to phone the airline at 011-507-316-9000. While the phone service is not perfect, it is the best way to really see if the flights are full.

In addition, COPA airlines in partnership with Air Panama are commencing flights from Tocumen International airport to & from Bocas del Toro. These are indicated on the Air Panama website.

8. Re: Aeroperlas out of business?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:42