We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

Colorado Springs...
8 posts
Save Topic
What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

We're thinking about taking a bus from Panama City to Bocas. in Feb 2013. What bus line does that route? What is their website?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

No website and I dont really know the name of the line if there even is one. You just show up and buy tickets at the bus station. It takes around 10 hours and is 28 dollars. If for some reason they are sold out you can take a bus to David and then a mini bus to bocas from there (get on the bus to changuinola and get off in Almirante where the water taxi is). You need to take the night direct bus at 8 because the morning one may not get you there in time for the last water taxi at 6:30. I just took the direct a few days ago and because of the crowds they had a few running.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

For details try http://horariodebuses.com/EN/pa/index.php

Colorado Springs...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

Ok. thanks so much.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

The bus terminal is at Allbrook Mall and is very easy to navigate.

This site seems fairly accurate...

www.thebusschedule.com/pa/

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

I just tried that site. No good. They did not have allbrok or Panama City "in their data base"

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

That's the same database I linked to. I does have - Panamá - but there seems a problem with the website.

Pittsburg, CA
Level Contributor
169 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

The company name is Tranceibosa. I don't think they have a website. They are on the facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/TRANCEIBOSA

I've searched number of times for direct buses from Panama City to Changuinola and back using the website mentioned above with no luck. I don't think it shows all bus lines. Don't use it for this route.

Slovakia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

I was actually searching for a overnight bus that would take us back from almirante to PC?? Is there one? I can't find it on the website mentioned here (at least not a overnight bus)

Thanks for answering!

Pittsburg, CA
Level Contributor
169 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

Yes, there is an overnight bus from Almirante to Panama City. It departs at 7 or 7:30 pm. The bus is air conditioned and fairly comfortable. Stops in Chiriqui Grande and Santiago for about 30 minutes each stop. Arrives at Albrook bus terminal in Panama City very early morning.

A lot of people carry something a bit warmer on the bus since sometimes the air is on full blast.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What bus line goes from Panama City to Bocas?

For the trip back to Panama City you can buy tickets at Taxi 25 in Bocas Town. If you can buy it in advance because sometimes they sell out.