We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International bus from Changuinola to San Jose

British Columbia...
4 posts
Save Topic
International bus from Changuinola to San Jose

I know I can take the water taxi to the main land and then take a public bus or taxi to the boarder and then find a bus to San Jose from there but I would prefer to get to Changuinola and get a direct bus to San Jose. Any one know the times and info for this?

I want to leave Bocas del Toro tomorrow really early in the morning!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International bus from Changuinola to San Jose

The bus leaves at "10:10" in the morning but I would get there a little bit before although I have never seen them sold out or even close. It is parked on the side street on the right of block of the bus station. To get there by 10n you should leave Bocas by 8:30. There are buses that leave for Changuinola all the time from the little bus station in Almirante and it is a 5 minute walk but if you feel iffy about it a taxi is about .70 cents. The walk is going left after you get off the water taxi to the main street and doubling back. There is a little trail short cut next to the car park which is fine unless there is lots of rain.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International bus from Changuinola to San Jose

Geo I have never done the direct bus. Do you know the company that runs it? Is it tica bus? How much is it. How many stops, how long does it take, does it have a/c? So many questions;)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International bus from Changuinola to San Jose

I dont know the company but it is not Ticabus. It cost 14 the last time I checked and takes about 6 hours after it crosses the border. Yes it has aircon. It has a food break outside of Limon and I think a short break in Guapiles. It ends up and leaves from a cheap hotel in San Jose.

World
Level Contributor
44 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International bus from Changuinola to San Jose

Does the bus leave at 10am Panama time or Costa Rica time?

5. Re: International bus from Changuinola to San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 07:19