We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel not answering email for reservations

Glendale, CA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
hotel not answering email for reservations

Took suggestions on the forum and tried to contact Casa Acuario; I have emailed several times but do not receive an answer. My time is short so my question --- can I wait until I am in Panama and try from there? or should I get a reservation somewhere else? Has anyone been to the Caribbean View Hotel? I believe it is on Isla Basimentos? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Panama
Destination Expert
for Bocas del Toro Province
Level Contributor
268 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel not answering email for reservations

Hola ,

Casa Acuario is a very nice small Hotel on Carenero, just a minute by boat from the mainisland .But it is often fully booked. And Caribbean view Hotel the rooms are not the way they look on the site, I would not go there.Do not waite until you are in Panama to do a reservation.

Just some Hotel idea

Cocomo on the sea above the water only 5 rooms best breakfast in town and the owner Douglas just a sweetheart ca. 77.00$ a night.

Realy nice as well are Dona Mara and Tierra Verde very clean, nice rooms ,right on a small beach.

Glendale, CA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel not answering email for reservations

Thanks to those who posted suggestions to me. Wish I had had them before I left. I did go to PC and the first day contacted a travel agent and got my room. It was at the Hotel Laguna which was fine for the area. I walked around a great deal and got info on other hotels while I was there but I had prepaid, etc. I left on the 13 of Sept, the day the Feria was starting, six days of non-stop partying, so I timed that right. Maybe, it was best for me a first timer to be in Bocas town as opposed to an island as I really didn't know the area and was able to join some tours and in a couple of cases did my own tour of the islands. It was the slow season, but is a mini -dry season right now although it rained some in the four days. I will go back and perhaps try some of the suggestions here and perhaps, on one of the other islands.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel not answering email for reservations

You say you walked around and got info on other hotels. Did you see any that particularly appealed to you for your return trip and if so, can you tell us more about each?

Also, you say Laguna was fine for the area. Can you expand on that description a bit? Thanks.

4. Re: hotel not answering email for reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 02:20