We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September Suggestions

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
September Suggestions

We arrive on September 4th to Bocas Town and have our first night booked at the Palma Royale. We are not sure what to do after that as it seems like there is lots of availability and thought we would wing it. Should we stay in town for the weekend then travel on from there? If so, any suggestions on where to stay, it would be nice to be by or over the water. We are pretty social and love meeting people on our vacations, so would like a mix of places with people and some alone time in a beautiful place.

We would also like to stay at Popa Paradise for a few days, but thought it would be nice to relax there after a couple of nights out in town. Is that a good option or are there better suggestions. We have to be back in PC no later than 13th for flight back to Canada, should we spend the entire time travelling around Bocas del Toro, or spend a few days somewhere else (we have not booked return flight to PC yet). We have 3 nights in PC before Bocas. We are not really on a budget.

Any other couples in Bocas that want to share a sailing trip for 2-3 days subject to weather?

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September Suggestions

I forgot to mention that we really enjoy snorkelling and I also enjoy fishing (boat or shore). Recommendations that include those options would also be appreciated!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September Suggestions

I live bocas and never get tired of it, so I would say wing it and plan on bouncing around bocas del toro. That way you can find out what you like and spend as long as you want . It will be easy to figure out when you get there. If u don't have a budget I would stay at one of the over the water bungalows for a couple nights.

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September Suggestions

Thanks mrolfes, are there any particular over water bungalows that you can recommend? Ideally one that I can snorkel from and has good food.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
885 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September Suggestions

We are staying in one from bocasvillas.com around that same time----2 boat trips into town per day included in price...won't know any more til we get back but it looks fantastic!

chitre
Level Contributor
146 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September Suggestions

There s a massive festival in Guarare ,in The Azuero Peninsula. 20-29 September

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September Suggestions

Thanks for everyone's feedback. We start our trip on Sunday to PC, and arrive Bocas Sept. 4th as planned, then will just explore from there. Any last minute suggestions? dustmon, if you are in Bocas the same time as us, we may run into you in town and you can advise on bocasvillas. We will likely spend the weekend in town before travelling on.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: September Suggestions

before your luxury time at Popa maybe you want to stay in the very authentic caribbean neighborhood of Saigon at Koko Resort or Bahia Del Sol, both run by the same people. The neighborhood is very poor and ramshackel but very interesting. Look them up on TA, they are very popular.

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: September Suggestions

Thanks geojack, Koko is on our list of places to check out when we arrive, the Bahia looks interesting as well.

9. Re: September Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:15