We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bungalow for New Years

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
332 reviews
Save Topic
Bungalow for New Years

I could really use some advice on selecting a bungalow for New Years. We are looking for an upscale bungalow on/over the water for four nights. Eclypse de Mar was one of our top choices, but I am a little concerned after reading the reviews about the noise on New Years. Playa Caracol is another option, but it looks pretty far from town and we would like to go into Bocas on one or two evenings. Any thoughts on what would be a better option? We're in our early 30s and like to be active, but we would also like to be able to fall asleep at night peacefully. Of course some noise is expected on New Years, and we will certainly have a few cocktails in us to help us fall asleep, but how bad will the music/noise really be if we stay at Eclypse? Any other suggestions for bungalows? Thank you!

Isla Bastimentos
Level Contributor
421 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bungalow for New Years

I live and run a small hotel on Isla Bastimentos, across the bay from Eclipse Del Mar and can tell you the "noise" from the club across from the resort has toned down appreciably, and is a great place to stay

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bungalow for New Years

Hello Chicago!!!!!

I would be very leery of anyone offering their OWN accommodations on here....just be forewarned........

Isla Bastimentos
Level Contributor
421 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bungalow for New Years

To clear things up. I neither own Eclipse del Mar nor have I ever posted the name of my place or "self advertized on this web-site" and resent anyone accusing me of doing so.

4. Re: Bungalow for New Years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Isla Bastimentos
Recent Conversations