We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Shopping questions

Which Isla Bastimentos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Shopping questions

My sister and I are staying at Frog Beach Resort next week. We have done some research but were wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to shop for groceries. I also have gluten allergies does anyone have any advice on local foods as well. How are the restaurants? I looked at Mantis and can eat thai food so thats always an option.

Thanks

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Shopping questions

You will have to shop in town and bring your groceries. There are no big grocerie stores to speak, just many small Chinese stores that sell the same thing. There are two "gourmet" shops, Super Gourmet and Tropical Market. Also Super Hawaii has a good selection of different foods. Frozen meals are few and far between but Super Gourmet has some provided by restaurants around town. I'm not sure about your allergy but there is plenty of seafood without glutton.

Isla Bastimentos
Level Contributor
421 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Shopping questions

Mantis has closed and has opened with a different theme at The Lemongrass on calle 1 next to Starfleet Scuba in Bocas. The restaurant at Redfrog is not all that. The Raw Bar next to The Pirate restaurant in Bocas is quite organic as is Starfish Coffee." Up The Hill" on the hill above Old Bank is an awesome place for organic delicacies and drinks. The "Chino" market across from the boat taxi to Red Frog, Christina has a good selection of basic foods, but as Jack said, Super Gourmet and Tropical Markets are your best bet. There are also several fruit and vegetable stands that are pretty good, the one by Super Gourmet being my fav.

3. Re: Grocery Shopping questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Isla Bastimentos