We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

Okotoks, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

If I stay at the Red Frog Resort, is it easy to go for nightlife in Bocas Town and return to Red Frog Resort by water taxi late at night?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

You can but taking a boat at night is sketchy because even though your boat driver may not be drunk and have light there are many boats out there that are the opposite.

Okotoks, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

Where would you suggest then is a good place to stay? We are going for 10 days and certainly want pool and beach relaxation but also nightlife and adventure! I also like to scuba but scuba is not necessary.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

Redfrog would certainly be nice and secluded. Look up Villa Paradiso. It has a pool and is on a nice swim beach. It's locatated outside of town in the bigcreek area. There are others with pool in Bluff but that is farther by taxi. Big creek is about a 10 minute ride and 2.00 a person. At night it's probably 4.00 but at least it's safe.you can look up house rentals as well.

Okotoks, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

Great thanks! I actually began looking at Villa Paradiso tonight just before I received your message; good timing! Now one last question that should be on a different thread: bocas town or sans blast? How far apart are they and is it worth doing both in ten days?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

As far away as you can get but sure. They are very different. The night life in San blas is what you make it. Very rural but incredibly beautiful. If you can arrange flights then that would be a good split. No diving in San blas ( its not allowed) but good snorkeling.

6. Re: Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 July 2012, 03:08
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

Actually I took the night commute last week when I left early from a party at The Point hotel because the reggeton was so loud I was afraid that I was going to get ear damage. The boat had one small light and the driver was drunk or high or both. I have personally witnessed boats capsizing just going from bocas to aqua lounge because they were overloaded. I'm nit spineless and I will take night boats again but to say that boating at night around bocas is completely safe is completely irresponsible.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

Another reason that you may not want to stay on Bastimentos if you want to enjoy nightlife is the weather. Take last night for example, it was a nice night up until about 9:30 when a huge storm rolled in and didn't quit until this morning. I would not have wanted to be out in a small boat in that. If you were staying on another island you probably would have had to get a hotel in town for the night.

Okotoks, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

Thank you for everyone's help! I really appreciate your input. Nearly booked!!!

Garberville...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Red Frog Resort to Bocas Town

what did you end up booking? we are considering red frog too

Get answers to your questions about Isla Bastimentos
Recent Conversations