We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Almirante to David

Dickinson, Texas
Level Contributor
113 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Almirante to David

We will be coming down in June and will be staying in Bocas for about a week with 3 other couples. After they leave my wife and I will be heading to David to rent a car and then on to Boca Chica. My wife is afraid that we will be on the old school bus type buses along with the chickens and goats. Are the buses new, modern and without chickens? Any info on the discription would be of big help to help easy her concerns.

3 replies to this topic
Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Almirante to David

I'm not sure it matters if you are in a rental car?

There are 3 types of busses in Panama: 1) big, modern ones; 2) white collectivos (large minivans that hold a surprising number of people, not always comfortably, and 3) "chicken busses." There are, sometimes, chickens on those busses.

From Almirante to David there are the modern and collectivos. The bus from David to Boca Chica (via another connecting bus from Horconcitos) is a white collective.

Happy travels. And if you are staying at Boca Brava Hotel, their $22.50 island tour is well worth the price.

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
Dickinson, Texas
Level Contributor
113 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Almirante to David

Thanks for the info. That is what I understood, but it might calm her nerves if she heard it from someone else. And also thanks for the tip on the island tour.

Panama City...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Almirante to David

David to Changuinola buses are quite big and comfortable as I have seen on my way to the port in Almirante, they take the mountain route passing through Almirante in it's way to Changuinola, you can ask in the bus station. After you arrive to Almirante you can ask for a taxi to get you to the boat taxi to Isla Colon (It's not too far from the main road but you will need a map or GPS and maybe you have heavy luggage). A bit late but anyway I hope this helps someone. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Changuinola
Changuinola
Bocas del Toro Province, Panama
Isla Colon
Isla Colon
Bocas del Toro Province, Panama
Reply to: Bus from Almirante to David
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Almirante