We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Delhi End of Sept

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Delhi End of Sept

Please help me with few questions.

1. I will be checking out from my hotel and then interesting in doing a delhi tour. Is ho ho bus airconditioned and working on Friday and Saturday ? Does it makes sense to use hoho bus for tour or private ac car ?

.2 Interested in seeing few things as I got flight in the evening to catch. Things I am interested in are Red fort, Jamamasjid, Qutub minar and Humayoun tomb ( maybe Safdanjung tomb too).

What should I expect cost of private car with ac and tour guide ?

Thank you !

4 replies to this topic
India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Delhi End of Sept

HOHO bus service is a good option when you have a lot of time, are travelling solo and want to save money. In your case, with an evening flight I would advise a hired car and driver with a guide. You can also check the Delhi State Governments Tourism Dept for guided tours.

www.delhitourism.gov.in

For cist of hired car and driver you can get an idea from their website below

delhitourism.gov.in/delhitourism/dttdc/trans…

Edited: 23 September 2017, 16:50
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
767 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Delhi End of Sept

Hi 147Katie,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Hobo bus can be a good option if you have more time. But I would like you to know that there are limited Hobo buses in New Delhi, and they have their fixed timings to arrive and depart.

Rather than this, if you prefer a pre-booked cab, you can move to monuments on your own time frame, since you have to your flight too around evening.

And Yes, the places which you have mentioned can be covered in a day. Rest assured it totally depends upon you to choose your mode of transport- either by cab or hobo bus.

Regards,

Sonia Handa

Edited: 23 September 2017, 18:47
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Delhi End of Sept

hoho bus is good option but there is only time restriction they have fixed time of arrival & departure from every monuments.

If you are looking to hire private Ac car & driver services so cost would be approx INR 1500 for full day delhi sightseeing tour and Govt approved tour guide cost would be INR 1500 for full day.

Regards,

GO MY JOURNEY

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Delhi End of Sept

Hello 147Katie,

Are you going to be checking out with your luggage and then going to straight to the airport afterwards? If so, the HoHo Bus might not be the best for you and be too time consuming. When will you be checking out? Early AM or mid-day? You can easily arrange a taxi/car from your hotel to drive you around the places you want to see very easily. negotiate the rate and pay at the end. Tip the driver if he gave you good service. I don't really think you need a guide...just read about the things beforehand or use an audio guide, they often are included in the price of admission.. Price depends on if this is a full day or half day and how far around Delhi you are going. Then they can drop you at the airport.

Have a great trip.

Reply to: Visiting Delhi End of Sept
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted