We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie question.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Newbie question.

Hi guys. Am a senior planning a 2 week visit to India before I meet with my tour group in Sri Lanka. Could you post must sees, could sees and comments about single travel. Considering August 2018. Cheers sue

6 replies to this topic
Agra, Uttar...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie question.

What's your interest? India has so many things to offer. Your question is too general to answer.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie question.

Hello tranbrae,

I agree, that’s a very broad question! 😃

India is huge and 2 weeks is a short time, only a region of the country can be visited in that time. August is monsoon, so I recommend you stick to the Golden Triangle (Delhi/Agra/Jaipur) for 1 week and Rajasthan for the 2nd week. That would be a lovely trip and the least affect of the rains there.

Solo travel is fine! I’ve done it 5 out my 7 trips! Hire a driver or go by train. Depends on your budget.

Hope that helps!

Edited: 12 December 2017, 22:52
Agra, India
Level Contributor
108 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie question.

Hi,

You need to share your areas of interest as India has different types of trips (Cultural, Architectural, Wildlife, Cultural and Wildlife mix, Adventure, Pilgrim, Nature, Yoga, Himalaya etc).

Regards....Prem

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
480 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie question.

I have done a few trips in India as a senior solo woman travel and loved them all. Personally I would go with a driver as it makes for an easy, comfortable and safe trip that maximizes your time. I have used the same driver each time and he has been very flexible in catering for all of my needs and wants, as well as being good company and a source of great information about India and Indian culture. If you are concerned about safety as a solo woman traveller don't worry as these drivers (as long as you choose a good one) will look after you extremely well.

If you have two weeks I would suggest Delhi, Agra and into Rajasthan. My tour agency was good at developing an itinerary that took into account driving times and weather....both important factors when travelling in India.

Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbie question.

Hi Dear friend. ..

Nice options for visiting to India if you want your trip enjoy full and marvellous and want see to real India and want real Indian life experiences so please surch in TripAdvisor - ( Travel India experience )

Then you can understand and can take real experience about real Indian life

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
767 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newbie question.

Hi Tranbrae,

There is so much to see in India, and ofcourse 2 weeks is a very short time to cover them all. But in this time frame, the best that can be covered is Delhi, Agra, and Rajasthan. And August is a fairly good month to do so.

Regards,

Sonia Handa

Reply to: Newbie question.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted