We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Delhi to Jalandhar (PUNJAB)

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Delhi to Jalandhar (PUNJAB)

Could anyone please advise where the train station is located and what it's called please? How far from the airport? I'm aware that you can catch a train from delhi to punjab in 4 and half hours and just need the above information before i book.

Thanks

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Delhi to Jalandhar (PUNJAB)

Most of the Trains you can board from New Delhi Railway Station however there are different set of trains which come from different directions so it all depends upon which train you would prefer to travel. On an average from Airport all the Stations would be around 10-12 kms and takes around 30-45 minutes depending upon traffic. The fastest train would take around 5hrs and there are overnight Express trains as well which is 9hrs journey.

You can check from http://indian-railways.rediff.com/

Select Class as ANY and that would list all trains.

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Delhi to Jalandhar (PUNJAB)

hi

Thanks for the reply. I have located the train I will need to catch but again having problems booking E ticket online. I will be arriving at Delhi at 4:55am and the train leaves at 7:20am. Any information regarding how easy it will be to book the ticket their on arrival would be appreciated. Have they got a tourist booth at this station as they have in Mumbai?

M s
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Delhi to Jalandhar (PUNJAB)

Yes they have seperate ticket counter for foreigners and will get it done within half an hr.

thanks

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Delhi to Jalandhar (PUNJAB)

If you are saying you will arrive early morning around 4.30am and would like to board the 7.30am then there are no chances and dont even think of it.

All Reservation Counters will open at 8am and the same would apply for the Tourism Counter as well.

Read below:

New Delhi, Varanasi and Jodhpur offices are known as International Tourist Bureau. International Tourist Bureau at New Delhi functions from 08:00hrs to 20:00hrs from Monday to Saturday and on Sunday from 08:00hrs to 14:00hrs.Foreign Tourist Rail Reservation Counter at Delhi Tourism & Transport Development Corporation situated at Indra Gandhi International Airport at Arrival Lounge. These provide assistance to the foreign tourists and NRIs regarding enquiries, booking, reservation and travel planning etc.

More details are available at http://www.indianrail.gov.in/intert.html

Are you getting the eticket issues at the Credit Card page ?

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Delhi to Jalandhar (PUNJAB)

Thanks

The site won't even let me into booking ticket as yet. I will keep trying. The information your gave is useful at least I know if it comes to it I can book the ticket at the airport.

ubirmingham
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Delhi to Jalandhar (PUNJAB)

hi

how did u get on with the train to jallandar and e booking etc

Ludhiana, India
Level Contributor
114 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Delhi to Jalandhar (PUNJAB)

if u r saying that u r arriving at 5 am at airport and picking train @ 7 or 8 its not possible so dont book taht ticket

if raliway site not letting u book ticket u can try

www.irctc.co.in its also railway site and lot better then old one

8. Re: Train from Delhi to Jalandhar (PUNJAB)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 20:20