We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

Chennai
1 post
Best time to visit Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

Hi,

I just want to have a tour through DELHI, AGRA and JAIPUR. the plan is about for 4 to 6 days.

I plan to visit by MAY-JUNE. Is that advisable in that time. Because I am worried abt the rainfall in July - August. My Plan is to go before august.

Please advise.

Shrikhanth.

http://thinking2write.blogspot.com

or itzshri@gmail.com

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,981 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Best time to visit Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

It's really a choice between ultra-hot or rainy-wet. Take your pick!

Delhi heat is different from Chennai, it is dry heat.

Drink lots of water and make sure you have some protection from the sun (there are many open areas where there is no shade).

- Deepa

2. Re: Best time to visit Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 January 2009, 17:07
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
53 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: Best time to visit Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

My husband & I just returned from India April 1st. I would imagine that May-June will be much hotter. We did all those cities plus Udaipur in a week with a personal car & driver. The roads for the most part are good with the exception of traveling thru all these small towns which get clogged with traffic and slow you down. We were there during Holi Festival so we left early in the morning most days.

I thought the road trips would be long and boring as most of the time between each one is about 4-5 hours. But no.... just watching all the people, cows, dogs, pigs, camels, elephants, scooters etc provided hours of entertainment!!

We did go on to Udaipur which takes about 7 hours from Jaipur with a train ride back to Dehli.

Our tour Indian Moments could not have done enough for us and custom tailored whatever we wanted. It's alot to pack in for one week and the heat can wear on you but you will get an eye full.

best regards

NJ
9 posts
1 review
4. Re: Best time to visit Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

We just returned from a trip through the Golden Triangle as well. I would imagine that May would be cooler than June. I would spend several days in Jaipur--my favorite of these cities--and can recommend an excellent driver & tour co. who could even help arrange things for you. His name is Dara Singh of Real Rajasthan Tours, telephone 0091-9818609783,09829461885, e-mail darasinghin@yahoo.com.

I think the monsoons of July & August would make things difficult.

Enjoy your trip.

5. Re: Best time to visit Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 01:18